The success of your outside sales team is directly correlated to the amount of time they have to actually focus on selling. But, we all know that there are quite a lot of things each day that reps have to take care of that pull them away from actually trying to close deals. This is where sales rep software steps in.
The digital transformation that has occurred within the sales world (and business in general) over the last several decades has resulted in a variety of different software built with reps and sales leaders in mind. Sales rep software, especially field sales software, has unlocked the ability to streamline processes, organize information, optimize productivity, and help your outside sales team close more deals.
Adoption of software across your sales team, in areas where it is needed most, is an important similarity of the most successful companies. Sales rep software can:
- Automate time-sucking daily tasks
- Optimize multiple stages of the sales process
- Organize and manage sales data
- Improve the accuracy of sales reporting and forecasting
- Boost sales enablement
- Streamline activity management
- And much more
Different Types of Sales Rep Software for Outside Sales Teams
There are many different aspects of your sales team’s day-to-day and sales process that can be optimized through the power of technology. Tools that are purpose-built for outside sales teams include everything rom activity tracking to route planning and everything in between. Plus, many of these software platforms offer valuable insight for sales leaders, allowing them to maintain a birds-eye view of sales efforts and make proactive data-backed decisions.
But, with so many options available when it comes to sales rep software, it can feel tough at first to pinpoint which are the best ones for your team. Well, we’ve done the research for you. We’ve broken down some of the top software options to look at, broken down by these use case categories:
- Sales Management Software: These tools enable you to keep your finger on the pulse of your sales team’s efforts and often include in-depth visual dashboards and reporting.
- Sales Tracking Software: This type of software will allow you to track and follow your reps’ sales activity, current deals in the pipeline, and more in real-time.
- Sales Route Planning Software: With these tools you and your reps will be able to visualize leads and prospects on a geographic map and utilize routing features to strategize the best plan of attack.
- Sales Rep Apps: These mobile-friendly tools will enable your team with what they need to stay efficient and connected in the field.
- All-In-One Sales Rep Software: These robust software tools can meet your sales’s teams needs across several categories, helping to optimize productivity and effectiveness.
Sales Management Software
HubSpot Sales Hub
Best for smaller companies already using Hubspot CRM looking to easily share their sales data with other departments
If your team is currently utilizing the Hubspot CRM and are looking for native integration, the HubSpot Sales Hub is a popular addon. This multi-faceted sales rep management software empowers both sales leaders and reps and optimizes sales teams’ performance. The platform acts as an all-encompassing sales database, housing and tracking your team’s prospect and deal information, with an intuitive dashboard and valuable reporting features. It offers visual pipeline management, sales management playbooks, and more.
This software saves reps precious time and enables them to close more deals faster, while also helping leaders manage the team more effectively. Your sales reps will be empowered to start more conversations, strengthen relationships, and optimize their sales effectiveness. For sales managers, the HubSpot Sales Hub provides real-time data and in-depth analytics that allows for full visibility into the health of the latest sales efforts.
- In-depth sales reporting and analytics to visualize the sales process and pipeline
- Sales management playbooks, including competitive battlecards and positioning guides
- Call intelligence that captures details from every call and includes AI-powered insights
- Free Trial
- Starter = $45/month
- Professional = $450/month
- Enterprise = $1200/month
Best for sales teams who are wanting to increase focus on their sales pipeline
To achieve a well-managed sales pipeline, you need a clear view of your sales processes and where exactly untapped opportunities may lie. So, if you’re looking for powerful sales pipeline management, Pipedrive is your answer. The sales rep management software helps optimize your team’s sales process and offers real-time deal tracking, robust reporting, and more accurate sales forecasting.
Sales leaders and reps can track and manage leads and deals through every step of the sales funnel, while also tracking sales communications and automating administrative tasks. Pipedrive helps your team capitalize on opportunities, easily measure performance, visually organize your business, and make informed management decisions to improve sales processes.
- Easy-to-customize sales pipeline tracking with drag and drop functionality
- Detailed reporting and insights to measure performance against company goals
- Track activities and communications in real-time to have full visibility
- Free Trial
- Essential = $12.50/month
- Advanced = $24.90/month
- Professional = $49.90/month
- Enterprise = $99.90/month
Sales Tracking Software
Best for sales teams wanting call tracking/intelligence and email automation capabilities
From mobile dialing directly in the app out in the field to personalized email templates to customized sales cadences, SalesLoft makes effective sales communication much easier to not only do but track. This sales rep tracking software platform provides your reps with a leading sales engagement platform, streamlining customer and prospect communications.
For both sales leadership and reps, valuable time can be quickly eaten up by trying to sort through hard-to-understand line-item sales communication data. Without actionable insight, data tracking is useless. SalesLoft also helps leadership interpret activity information, making sales activity tracking easier and more insightful, giving a real-time look into the pulse of your sales team. Based on this information, customer personas can also easily be created to help optimize sales activity for a more productive team.
- Real-time visual sales activity tracking and analytics with built-in insights to help drive more deals to close
- Easily create customized sales cadences that include sales communication automation capabilities
- Comprehensive pipeline dashboard to track deal through the sales process along with the activities involved
- Offers 4 levels of plans (Prospect, Sell, Engage, and Enterprise) = Have to request a quote for pricing
Best for teams who are wanting to improve funnel tracking and are already using or familiar with the Zendesk platform
Another highly effective funnel tracking and sales rep tracking software and CRM tool, Zendesk Sell, can help you and your team optimize your sales funnel and processes. The platform offers a bird’s eye view of your customer base and exactly what’s currently happening, while also allowing you to deep-dive into every one of your prospect opportunities.
Zendesk Sell allows reps to include valuable notes about meetings, conversations, and challenges, as well as track status updates and more. This tool works best for small to medium-sized teams and even individual sales professionals/entrepreneurs.
- Easily build, customize, and manage your team’s sales pipeline from within the platform, allowing reps to prioritize prospects and customers
- Utilize Smart Lists that enable reps to filter and segment leads in real-time
- Drag-and-drop visual dashboards with access to 30+ out-of-the-box reports for visualizing and understanding customer interactions and other crucial sales data
- Free Trial
- Team = $19/month
- Professional = $49/month
- Enterprise = $99/month
Sales Route Planning Software
Best for logistics intense businesses needing improved route planning across multiple teams
Route4Me was purpose-built to provide an optimized routing solution for logistics intense businesses and their sales teams. This cloud-based fleet management solution is a solid choice if you need a cohesive way to quickly and easily plan the most efficient routes for your sales reps, delivery drivers, service technicians, etc.
After uploading or manually inputting prospect and/or customer addresses into this platform, a route (or multiple routes) can be created in seconds. The routes can be planned for custom schedules, including daily, weekly, monthly, and even seasonal. A route can also be a round trip, a round trip based on specific time constraints, or end at a particular location.
The Route4Me platform also provides a “command center” that gives you an overview of everything that is happening. From here you can track driver progress on routes in real-time and also manually move customers to a different driver’s route when needed.
- Create optimized routes for sales reps, drivers, etc. in just a few clicks after loading customer/prospects
- Track driver/rep progress on routes in real-time
- Robust visual command center gives insight across the company and houses all of the route info, latest notes, etc.
- Free Trial
- Route Management plan = $149/month
- Route Optimization plan = $199/month
- Route Optimization Plus plan = $299/month
Best for sales teams looking to improve their territory management
A key component of the most effective sales routing efforts is effective territory mapping. Maptive helps you do both. This sales rep route planning software option first enables sales leaders to effectively separate and assign the reps their respective territories. Then, the reps can see which prospects they’ll be responsible for in the area. With built-in directional tools, they can quickly and easily create and save the most efficient routes to visit these prospects and customers. This helps save a significant amount of time and gets reps out selling faster.
The platform also allows you to group geographical areas by their worth using information like the total and/or average sales within a specific area. The software will use its own geographical area and enable sales leaders and reps to see where the higher probabilities of a sale are. Then, reps can proactively focus more on a particular area and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Customize your team’s territory maps by using multiple variable grouping which can group customers/prospects based on multiple data variables
- Customized heat maps based on numerical data density like population density, sales density, etc.
- Multi-stop optimized route planner tool with turn-by-turn directions for the most efficient routes for 20 or more stops
- Free Trial
- 45 Day Pass for short term projects = $250/45 days
- Pro = $1250/year
- Team = $2500/year
- Enterprise = Contact for pricing
Sales Rep Apps
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Best for teams needing a mobile-friendly networking tool that can help automate prospecting efforts
The most successful sales teams know that to close deals you have to build relationships with the right people. This is especially true when it comes to B2B sales. The sales rep app from LinkedIn Sales Navigator helps you cultivate those valuable relationships more easily and efficiently even on the go.
By utilizing the power of the largest and most active online professional network, LinkedIn, reps can supercharge their ability to research their market, prospect for profitable new opportunities, and grow their network. Many sales professionals swear by LinkedIn Sales Navigator’s ability to uncover qualified prospects.
With built-in search and filter features, the app enables reps to more consistently find and reach the right kind of customers. It also provides valuable relevant information and actionable insights, allowing your team to continue filling the pipeline, and giving them a deeper understanding of their leads and how they can meet their needs.
- Advanced lead and company search to pinpoint the right contacts and prospects
- SmartLinks Presentations feature allows reps to easily share insightful company content with prospects without them having to download anything
- Notes and tags capabilities allow reps to organize prospects and customers with custom tags and sync notes back to your CRM
- Free Trial
- Professional = $64.99/month
- Team = $103.33/month
- Enterprise = Contact for pricing
Best for team needing a sales enablement tool that keeps reps connected to company knowledge on the go when they need it
Having the right information at the right time is a critical component of closing deals in the field. The mobile-friendly outside sales enablement platform from Story Slab ensures your sales reps always have access to the exact sales, marketing, and company content they need in an instant. No matter if they are at their desk or on an iPad or mobile phone. A better-equipped sales team will experience increased customer engagement, leading to larger deals that are closed faster.
This is the perfect sales rep app to store and manage your team’s presentations, videos, and other content all in one easy-to-access place. Reps can also quickly share materials with customers and prospects in just a few clicks. Plus, utilize valuable built-in AI recommendations, sales coaching capabilities, sales insights, custom ROI calculators, and integration capabilities. All of which help enable your reps to be quantifiably more efficient and effective.
- Every company sales and marketing asset is centrally housed in an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that can be accessed on or offline, even in multiple languages
- AI-based recommendations show reps what content they should share next to close more deals and increase the value of every sale
- Easily build customized ROI calculators that will enable reps to visually quantify how your company’s product or service will help the prospect
- Offers 4 levels of plans (Pro, Enhanced, Integrated, and Enterprise) = Contact to request a quote for pricing
All-In-One Sales Rep Software
Map My Customers
Best for outside sales teams needing a mobile-first solution with routing, activity logging, and prospecting tools to boost sales rep productivity while giving leaders a view into customer and rep activity
The best way to boost sales effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency is for your team to utilize software that is a combination of several different types of tools into one intuitive platform. That is exactly what the rep-friendly mobile sales software Map My Customers does. The all-in-one platform is much more than just a sales rep route planning software and covers all of the categories we covered above.
With Map My Customers, you can drastically cut down on the burden of administrative tasks done manually and give your team more time to focus on effective selling.
This software brings together a mobile sales CRM purpose-built for outside sales reps, territory management, activity automation (like auto check-ins), optimized route planning, prospecting, cadence management, deal tracking, and more into one platform that your team will be excited to adopt. The easy-to-use, visual dashboard can be customized to fit your team’s and business’ needs. Plus, with robust reporting capabilities, sales leaders have quick and easy access to simplified views of all the crucial sales data needed for improved insights.
Reps can plan more intelligently and quickly with the Smart Planner functionality. Reps get smart recommendations for how to build their plan for the day/week, and then easily turn those plans into action. Smart Planner suggests certain sales activities for reps to add to their calendar, preventing accounts from falling through the cracks and reps from having gaps in their day. Daily agendas can be turned into an optimized route with just a tap, putting reps on the road in minutes.
Map My Customers offers mobile-friendly, entirely self-service native integrations with Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, and 3,000 other software tools. All of which allow for regular syncing of vital customer information.
Start your 14-day free trial with Map My Customers
- Can act as an all-encompassing stand-alone sales CRM for your outside sales team
- Robust customer visualization capabilities through geographical depictions of your team’s prospects and customers, in-depth grouping and filtering within the maps, and map-based sales cadence management
- Easily create, save, and share optimized sales routes based on location, priority, or even using the built-in lasso tool
- Enhanced lead generation that allows reps to find new nearby opportunities to capitalize on quickly
- In-depth reporting capabilities allowing sales managers and reps to visualize all of the most critical sales data in real-time
- Free Trial
- Small Team (1-3 users) = $50/month
- Medium Team (4-30 users) = $70/month
- Large Team (+30 users) = Custom price
Best for B2C door-to-door sales teams who need sales data tracking and basic mapping functionality
If you are looking for a multi-feature software option specifically for door-to-door sales teams, Spotio can be a good choice. Spotio is a sales and routing software that was also built with the outside sales rep in mind. The platform centralizes the sales team’s activity and provides the ability to create optimized sales routes within defined territories, build visual pipelines, and manage customer data.
In Spotio, your sales reps can log and track prospect and customer visits and add updates in real-time within this platform as well. Within the platform, accounts and deals will appear as visual, color-coded representations on a map, allowing sales leadership to evaluate what is working and where more effort could be shifted.
With these capabilities, your team can increase its canvassing productivity and improve overall sales performance.
- Geographical-based customer mapping to visualize your team’s CRM data
- In-depth visualization of sales activity and performance to keep everyone on the same page
- Sequence and organize sales activity automatically for every prospect and customer so reps can properly plan out each day
- Free Trial
- Team = $39/month
- Business = $69/month
- Pro = $129/month
- Enterprise = Contact for pricing
Best for sales teams who already use Salesforce CRM and want to add basic location intelligence functions
Salesforce Maps, previously known as MapAnything, is an easy software solution for teams already using the Salesforce CRM. By adding Salesforce Maps onto the CRM, you’ll have a platform that now includes location intelligence and is even more tailored to your outside sales team. This sales software can provide your team map-based visualizations, prioritized scheduling, optimized routing, and enhanced lead generation. Sales leaders and reps can visually observe sales data on a map-based interface, gain valuable insight, and make location-driven decisions that help drive productivity.
The Salesforce Maps platform is not as user-friendly on mobile devices as other software options we mentioned above, with some features only functional while on a laptop/desktop.
- Visualize your Salesforce data on a map to enable reps to focus their attention where it’s needed most
- Scale and prioritize daily prospect and customer visits using key business data, such as account type, lead value, etc.
- Quickly create sales territories and automatically balance those territories based on key business attributes
- Free Trial
- Salesforce Maps = $75/month
- Salesforce Maps Advanced = $125/month
- Territory Planning add-on to Salesforce Maps = $75/month
- Live Tracking add-on to Salesforce Maps = $25/month
Supercharge Your Sales Team’s Success With Helpful Sales Rep Software
The continued growth of sales technology, especially field sales software, makes it easier than ever to level up your sales team’s effectiveness, productivity, and performance. By now, you can probably see how utilizing the types of sales rep software that we covered above can help them close more deals and continue to help drive company growth. Many of these software options can be used both in the office and out in the field.
It is important to note though that only the software that is really needed should be utilized. You don’t want your team to become overwhelmed with too much technology and end up wasting even more time. So, consolidate tools where you can.
Test out a few of these options in sales rep software with your team today and start supercharging your company’s sales success!
Looking for an outside sales tool?
Map My Customers is the new way to manage your field data and sales team. Try it free for 14 days